What is the difference between groups A, B, & C?
- A Group - Also known as the advanced group, is the fastest of the three groups. This group is for the most experienced riders as well as racers. A-group allows for inside or outside passing any place on the track.
- B Group - The B group, or intermediate group, is for riders with some track day experience. If you are faster than the C group, but do not have enough experience to ride in A group, the B group is for you. B-group allows for passing anywhere on the track. A safe passing distance must be maintained at all times.
- C Group - The C group is the beginner group. This group is for riders with little to no track day experience. If this is your first track day, or if you are new to Buttonwillow, the C group is a good place to start. Passing is restricted to the straights and the outside of corners.
NOTE TO ALL RIDERS: Please register for the group that best fits your skill level. If your group is sold out, DO NOT register for the wrong group! If you are too fast or too slow for your group you will be asked to move to another group, if that group is full, we may ask you to sit out until a space opens up in the appropriate group. If you have questions about which group to register for feel free to call us at 800-482-8848, we will do our best to help you make that decision.
Can I change groups if I think I'm in a group that is too fast (or too slow) for me?
Yes, usually. There is a limit as to how many bikes we can allow on the track at one time so group changes are usually, but not always, possible. If you feel you are in the wrong group, you should go to tech or grid to request a group change. If you are asking to move to a faster group, we may ask a Lets Ride instructor to ride with you to evaluate you first. Group changes are not guaranteed and are issued at our discretion.
Can I ride a bike in two different sessions?
Yes, for an additional fee. Please contact us to make special arrangements. Note: The option to ride in two groups is dependent on availability the day of the event and limited to A & B group. You should register for your group of choice online, then email your request for a second group OR ask when you check in at registration that day if there is room to add a second group.
Can I ride two different bikes in my level?
Yes you can.
What time do I need to be at the track?
Some time between 7 & 8:30 AM. The track opens at 7:00 AM. Every rider must be present by 8:30 AM to attend the mandatory riders meeting.
What do I have to do to my bike?
Bike Prep Checklist:
- Tape over any lights: headlights, taillights, turn signals
- Tape or remove your mirrors
- Use duct tape to tape down your wheel weights
- Check to make sure your throttle snaps back
- Check your chain tension
- Check to make sure all of your levers work; front break, clutch, rear brake, & shifter
- Make sure no fluids are leaking and that there are no loose parts that could fall off.
- You will need good tires with at least half their tread life left.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Check you tire pressure when you arrive at the track!
- *License plate and kickstand ok.
- *Safety wiring and water wetter are NOT required.
- *It is not required, however if you or someone you know changes your oil before a track day PLEASE make sure your drain plug is secure!! Drain plugs that are screwed in too loose, or too tight, could fail. If your drain plug fails and you spill oil on the track, a cleaning fee will be assessed by the race track.
What protective gear is required?
Leather Suit: Either a one piece OR a two piece that zips together. Suits must zip together all the way around at the waist. No exposed torso front or rear is acceptable.
Helmet - A full face helmet that is DOT and Snell approved.
Gloves - Proper motorcycle riding gloves; should be leather and should cover your wrist
Boots - You must have motorcycle boots that cover your ankles. No slip-ons!
Back protectors are highly recommended, but not required.
*Contact us in advance for leather or gear rental options.
Are leather rentals available at the track?
Sometimes. Please contact one of our leather rental vendors in advance to check availability and to reserve your size.
Leather Rentals are available through the following partners:
FULL TUCK RACING
- or -
What should I bring?
Your bike and riding gear. DON'T FORGET YOUR KEY! Tools; a basic tool kit, tools to take your wheels off if necessary, and a tire gauge. Water and maybe some ice! Some other good suggestions are chairs, ez-up, sun glasses, sunscreen, something to snack on, lunch (or money for lunch at the Tower Cafe).
Can I ride my bike to the track?
Yes; however, we highly recommend that you don't. You will be pretty worn out after a full day of riding at the track!
Can I bring a friend?
Absolutely! In fact, we encourage it
What if it rains?
We have a rain or shine policy. If it rains, we ride anyway. If you know rain is in the forecast, come prepared and plan on having a good time. A little rain can still be a lot of fun and its a great way to practice throttle control and being a smooth rider. If the rain is sporadic, you could choose to sit those sessions out and ride when its clear. If it starts pouring rain or if for some reason the track conditions become unsafe to ride we may temporarily close the track to let it pass. Extreme weather such as hail or lightening could warrant cancelling the event.
What is the refund policy?
While we understand that sometimes plans change and life happens we need adequate time to fill your space in the event that you cancel. If you cancel AT LEAST 14 days prior to the event:
- We will issue credit towards another track day in the same calendar year.
- We will refund the money you paid less a 10% processing fee.
We do not issue credits or refunds for cancellations less than 14 days prior to an event!!
We will honor our previous refund/cancellation policy for all purchases made prior to 5/8/2016.
Let's Ride Track Days, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, without refund, at our sole discretion as allowed by California law.